You know it appeals to your eyes the moment you see it- but what makes it look so eye-catching? A design firm puts it all its efforts in making a design stand out from the rest and that is certainly not possible without understanding different aspects of technology.
After completing my studies I started working for a web designing company in India and I learned a lot of new things about web designing. Since the technology is always evolving- I came across a few new trends in the industry that I feel every web designer/ web designing company should be aware of. Here they are –
- Content- content has always been and will be the main focus – it should be efficient, searchable and accessible.
- UX centered design – Simple and flat designs are the order of the day and the experience of the user and its content is what matters ultimately. Simple visual and interaction level is important for effective user experience.
- Flat colors- Web designing company in India should focus on simplicity, minimalism, flat style, typography, flat colors, less decoration, app-style interface and less skeuomorphic interface.
- SVG and responsive techniques – The use of multi-platform versions and cross platform technologies will direct to responsive design techniques such as webfonts, SVG, design with typography – getting more extensive.
- Parallax Scrolling – Parallax Scrolling is the technique where the background images move more slowly than the foreground text. A web designing company should use this trick to create an immersive experience.
- Infographic – information graphics are the representation of information/ data and knowledge in clear, quick designs, maps and signs. They are more engaging and visually attractive.
In addition to all the above mentioned aspects, I would say that web design is an industry that undergoes a lot of creative processes and these processes are followed by these trends. These trends bring out the best of designs and deliver better results. I have seen an immense improvement in my designs, the trick is to follow these trends and make them a part of your designing process.