According to a recent study, it has been anticipated that 24% of companies plan to hire more IT employees. Other than application development and programming, project management is one of the skills that is most valued. Project management softwares will have to adapt new trends to improve methodologies. Following are some of the top trends that will be seen in project management softwares.
- Project management tools that enable collaboration will gain vital importance because companies are realizing the importance of collaboration. Other than your core team, it will include your partners, vendors, customers and so on.
- New age project management softwares will not be limited to an exclusive territory of project managers. New tools are designed for team usage so that you can get better results and the entire team can be a part of a project’s progress.
- Project management tools will also offer apps. Till date more than 9 billion apps are downloaded from android market and therefore it won’t be surprising to see senior management team and project managers using smart phones to keep themselves updated on projects.
- With new software tools, you will have the option of using cloud-based application versus legacy software that needs paid in advance licenses. Cloud based applications are becoming really popular because they offer lower monthly subscription.
- Businesses are realizing the power of integrated software and umbrella solution because it is really tedious to work with different systems for various tasks such as project planning, document management, risk management, time sheet tracking, issue tracking and so on.
- Cross domain integration is also becoming popular. Many project software vendors are offering integration with Google documents, Drop box and similar devices. Some tools also integrate with accounting and invoicing.
It is just the starting of the year, there will be much more coming up in the project management industry. For more updates on latest technology, visit us back!